Factors considered in evaluating each student’s application:
- Academic performance in secondary school
- Grades relative to others in the class and the quality of courses taken
- Interactions through an admissions interview
- The candidate’s personal character such as motivation, social awareness, ambition, individualism, and potential for leadership as exhibited through involvement in community and extracurricular activities
- An understanding of what a student does with their non-academic time, including extracurricular activities, employment, personal responsibilities to family and community, etc.
- For Fall 2023 and Fall 2024 candidates, submitting test scores is optional. If you have taken the SAT or ACT (writing section not required) you are welcome to submit your scores by the admissions deadlines. Students may self-report standardized test scores; those who do must submit official score results at the time of enrollment. The results of SAT Subject Tests are not required for admission. Some academic departments do use scores from these tests for placement purposes.